[asterisk-users] Re: Zaptel module compile woes

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Dec 10 14:39:07 MST 2006

On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 11:12:32AM -0500, Phil Finkler wrote:
> I'm running Debian 3.1 with the 2.6 kernel.  I've also got the kernel
> source installed and compiled from source so I'm assuming I don't need
> the kernel headers.  Can you elaborate on what "m-a a-I zaptel" refers
> to?  Are those flags for running make linux26?  I haven't come across
> that in any of the documentation I've been reading.

  m-a -k /path/to/kernel/source/dir a-i zaptel

I generally prefer, though:

  m-a -t -i -k /path/to/kernel/source/dir a-i zaptel

as the module assistant "user interface" is not very useful.

I also tend to build debs as a user:

  m-a -u . -t -i -k /path/to/kernel/source/dir a-i zaptel

And for more information:

  man m-a

--
               Tzafrir Cohen