[asterisk-users] Re: Zaptel module compile woes

Phil Finkler PhilF at iqconsultinginc.com
Sun Dec 10 09:12:32 MST 2006

I'm running Debian 3.1 with the 2.6 kernel.  I've also got the kernel
source installed and compiled from source so I'm assuming I don't need
the kernel headers.  Can you elaborate on what "m-a a-I zaptel" refers
to?  Are those flags for running make linux26?  I haven't come across
that in any of the documentation I've been reading.

Thanks for the help,
Phil

On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 12:07:28PM -0500, Phil Finkler wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I'm pretty new to linux and compiling modules, but I've scoured the
web
> for help on compiling the zaptel modules from source and I get the
> following error...
>

> make -C  SUBDIRS=/usr/src/modules/zaptel modules
>
> make: *** SUBDIRS=/usr/src/modules/zaptel: No such file or directory.
> Stop.
>
> make: *** [linux26] Error 2
>

> Any ideas?  /usr/src/modules/zaptel is the dir I'm running "make
> linux26" in.  This is a Debian server and I've retrieved the
> zaptel-source via apt-get.  Any help greatly appreciated!

Which Debian?

generally you should simply use:

  m-a a-i zaptel

Also: run:

  apt-get install kernel-headers-`uname -r`

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com