[asterisk-users] Question on retrieve_file() function in app_voicemail.c

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Sun Dec 10 12:19:21 MST 2006

Am Sonntag, den 10.12.2006, 09:46 -0800 schrieb jezzzz .:
> An additional question. Unfortunately I don't have
> voicemail running here, could anyone provide me with
> such an example text file that is stored for each
> message in the user's mailbox? I'm just looking to
> understand what such a file looks like in a real
> environment.
>
> I understand that this is where Asterisk gets the CID
> and name of the person who left the voice message
> from.

===== 8<
;
; Message Information file
;
[message]
origmailbox=28
context=localdialplan
macrocontext=
exten=228
priority=182
callerchan=SIP/sip504-08542300
callerid="201" <201>
origdate=Sun Dec 10 06:21:44 PM CET 2006
origtime=1165771304
category=
duration=20
===== 8<

This is a message recorded when I (from device sip504, extension 201)
called user 228, who was not at his phone (and that on a Sunday, lazy
employee, that) so the voicebox 28 kicked in (we have extension=2XX ->
voicebox=XX here)

HTH
Anselm