[asterisk-users] RDNIS question

Leo Ann Boon leo at datvoiz.com
Sat Dec 9 21:43:45 MST 2006

Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
> <snip>
> this works well, with one exception: when I take the call on the
> mobile, the callerid info is the number of my switchboard. I presume
> that this is because I am dialling out from the switch board.
>
> Enter RDNIS. I added an extra line to the dialplan
<snip>
2 issues here:
a. For PSTN, you should use Set(${CALLERID(num)}) to set your outgoing
caller id.
b. Does your PSTN line allow you to set the outgoing caller id? If
you're using analog, it's not possible. For ISDN (both BRI/PRI), it's
usually possible if you subscribed to the feature. But, you're normally
only allowed to set the caller ID to one of the numbers allocated to
your ISDN line. You can't just set it to any arbitrary number (Note:
might work if your local exchange is mis-configured).

Leo