[asterisk-users] 5.8gig phone MWI

Steve Prior sprior at geekster.com
Sat Dec 9 08:52:41 MST 2006

Tom Lynn wrote:
> You're trying to teach a pig to sing.  The uniden items you refer to
> probably have their own internal answering machine, mine does.  It's
> designed to light the lamp only when it's own machine has a message.

You're giving out totally incorrect information.  The TRU-8866 unit
I mentioned is a 2 line unit (which I wanted), but does NOT have a built
in answering machine (which I didn't want).  Uniden seems to offer
models with and without answering machine function.  However, despite
the fact that it does not have a built in answering machine, the
handsets and base unit both support MWI.

I believe that Uniden does make a single line version of this phone, and
I bet it also supports MWI - especially since they've standardized their
handsets to be universal across their latest line.

Steve