[asterisk-users] eicon diva BRI problems

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Thu Dec 7 08:06:55 MST 2006

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi (Armin?) !
>

> Today I had a problem with Diva Server 4BRI-8M 2.0.
> Asterisk 1.2.12.1
> chan_capi-cm-0.6.5
> divas4linux-melware-3.0.f-106.622-1
>
> Asterisk could not receive and make calls on the BRI ports, although the ports
> looked fine within Asterisk.
>
> I usually use "/usr/lib/divas/divactrl dchannel -c 1" to test line activity.
> This time there was no activity (cryptic log messages) (I waited for 10
> minutes).
>
> Then I restarted Asterisk - but no improvement.
>
> Then I wanted to remove and reload the diva kernel modules, but
> /usr/lib/divas/divas_stop.rc could not remove the modules. Also manual remove
> did not worked (module still in use).
>
> Then I rebooted the server and also updated to
> chan_capi-0.7.1
> divas4linux-melware-3.0.5-106.702-1
>
> as there were problem with removing the kernel modules and the Asterisk
> restart did not helped I suspect there is a bug in the diva kernel modules.

Yes, such an error is caused by kernel modules.

> I searched for a changelog of the diva drivers, but couldn'T find them.
>
> Do you know of such a bug fixed in the newest version?

No, I never had such problems (or received a report about that).

> Do you know of a changelog of the divas melware drivers?

I don't have a changelog.

If this problem appears again, please create a memory dump of the cards
memory (divactrl can do that). This will help to find the problem, but the
latest driver/firmware should be used.

Armin