[asterisk-users] Is there any Asterisk controllable thermostat?

wendell hamilton routerguy at rightsolve.com
Wed Dec 6 21:07:23 MST 2006

I wouldn't IVR this.  I'd do it with extensions.  You have areas,
targets, and actions assigned to an extension digit. So if lights are
appliance type 1, the bedroom is location 1, and the action to turn the
target on is 1, so you dial extension 111 and perform an action based on
the extension.  This also gives you the opportunity to "macro" events.
Press 539 (sex) and it turns on the Jacuzzi, streams some Tony Bennett
to the speakers, sets the lights to dim, lights the fireplace, porn
begins streaming to the flatscreen and the phone is set to DND. (not
that you'd ever get laid if you were this geeky)