[asterisk-users] Echo problem with TDM440P and ADSL Line

Marcos Lois Bermúdez marcos.lois at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 18:58:26 MST 2006

Hello, I'm a newbie user of Asterisk, i'm sucessfully install it it's
great but, i get some problems with echo in a adsl line.

My system is a TDM440P with 3 FXO Ports and 1 FXS.
Asterisk 1.2.13
Zaptel 1.2.11
Line 1 - Analog
Line 2 - Analog with ADSL

It's installed with two analog lines one of them have a ADSL splitter.
The location are Spain, i load the tdm driver with opermode SPAIN, i
read that this will set the correct impedance for the line.
I compile first time zaptel with ECHO_CAN_MARK, but also i probe MARK2,
MARK3, KB1 and ECHO_CAN_MG2, with no result for the Line that have the ADSL.

The aggresive make good with the adsl line, but get really extrange
sounds across the conversation.

I don't know the milliwat test line here on spain to setup the gains
correctly (If any body knowsm send it, :) ), so i call from one line to
the anoter one with a millivat app, so i notice that when i connect a
analog phone to the line 1 press 5 to get a clear line, and talk
something i hear me but very very low, but when i make this on the line
2 i hear me more high.

So i use the fxotune that come with zaptel, with no results for this
line, so i get the lastest from CVS that comes with a patch that can
dump the waves to see what happend, i get 1-3 % of echo on line 1, and
arround 30-25 % on the Line 2, i read that if i have more than  10% of
echo the soft echo canceller can't make her work due to it can't
determine the echo signal.

So i read (all googling) that with ADSL there is a some tricky to solve,
but no information.

It's posible to solve this problem? i suspect that i not alone with this
conf, analog +adsl?
Any help is apreciated, i sepnt a lot of hours to solve this with no
success.

Excuse my english.

Regards.