[asterisk-users] Avoided initial deadlock asterisk v 1.2.12.1 SIP clients IAX2 termination.

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Wed Dec 6 14:54:45 MST 2006

Periodically (as in sometimes several times a day and sometimes never)
I get A  channel.c: voided initial deadlock for '0x82*****', 10 retries!
The ***** figure is different each time.

When this happens an active call (in or out) is dropped.

The setup is as follows:

handset --SIP--> Asterisk 1.2.12.1 --IAX2--> Terminating supplier
(don't know which software they are running).

I do not have a trace of the activity when this happens (IAX or SIP
traffic) it doesn't seem to happen in a predictable fashion.

I have not tried the latest SVN sources or 1.2.13 yet.

Were there any improvements between 1.2.12.1 and 1.2.13 that may fix this?

Does anyone know how I can error trap this to find out which part of the
system is failing?