[asterisk-users] Attended Transfer

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Wed Dec 6 02:52:44 MST 2006

Am Dienstag, den 05.12.2006, 20:07 -0600 schrieb Eric "ManxPower"
Wieling:
> Attended transfer is supported by every decent SIP device out there.  It
> is a basic phone feature.  There are a few SIP devices out there that do
> NOT support attended transfer but I would not call them "decent."  The
> GS BT101 and the FREE version of X-Ten's phone are both devices that do
> not support attended transfer.

GRANDSTREAM->NOT TRUE.

I have a Budgetone 101 and a 102 here, both doing transfers fine. It
took me a while to figure that though, as I had no manual in the
beginning, and the PDF I found was way older than the firmware on my
devices.

However, transfer on BG100 series (most recent firmware anyway) works by
pressing "FLASH" during a connection, getting you a new dialtone. Then
dial the extensions and press "SEND" (I have no automagic end-of-number
detection, so it's exactly the same you would do on a regular call). You
will be connected to the second person. You can switch between those two
connections with "FLASH". Pressing "TRANSFER" will connect those two
parties, disconnecting you.

UN-attented transfer works also. press "TRANSFER" the number "SEND" and
your caller will be redirected to the other extension.

That said, I'm not too much a fan of those Budgetones - they look cheap,
and have an absolute minimum of functions. On the other hand, those
_are_ cheap, and quite robust when it comes to dropping from the desk
etc. And their functions work with Asterisk, including MWI and message
button.

BR
Anselm