[asterisk-users] Asterisk freezes when DNS not working: a BUG??

Giorgio Incantalupo gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com
Wed Dec 6 02:43:35 MST 2006

Hi,
I'm using Asterisk 1.2.9.1. I have big problem with SIP VoIP providers
registrations: Asterisk freezes when it cannot (re-)register with VoIP
provider (registration timeout). The problem is related to DNS names
resolution: if DNS server is very slow to respond Asterisk stops every
activity (no zap or restart commands on CLI). The bad news is VoIP
providers usually do not give their IP so I cannot use it.

Is there anybody who had a problem like this?

TIA

Giorgio Incantalupo