[asterisk-users] RE: SOLVED - T1 PRI not announce "this is long distance call, please add 1 for this call..."

Isaac Xiao isaac.x at kvbkunlun.com
Tue Dec 5 20:15:21 MST 2006

Thanks, Henry. It is very helpful for me.
I also deleted the DIAL option "r" in our dial out trunk which fixed the
problem.

Dial command option r: Generate a ringing tone for the calling party,
passing no audio from the called channel(s) until one answers. Without
this option, Asterisk will generate ring tones automatically where it is
appropriate to do so; however, "r" will force Asterisk to generate ring
tones, even if it is not appropriate. For example, if you used this
option to force ringing but the line was busy the user would hear "RING
RIBEEP BEEP BEEP" (thank you tzanger), which is potentially confusing
and/or unprofessional. However, the option is necessary in a couple of
places. For example, when you're dialing multiple channels, call
progress information is not consistantly passed back.

http://www.trixbox.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5303&forum=2

Cheers,
Isaac

<44996.72.53.65.237.1165295631.squirrel at webmail.perimeter911.com>

> Using the PSTN in Toronto ie 416 NXX XXXXX all calls to 647 and 416
> exchanges are local. 905 is an over-lapping area code, most excahnges
are
> local, however Whitby (905 430 XXXX) is Long Distance while 416 428
XXXX