[asterisk-users] CAPI module issue

Esteban Guana-Jarrin egua5261 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 3 15:04:01 MST 2006

Hi List,

I am experiencing an issue with a server running asterisk; I installed an
AVM FRITZ card and configured it to work with the capi module.

Once everything is installed the card works perfect; the issue is that every
time I reboot the machine I have to re install the capi4k-utils before I can
load asterisk otherwise the capi module does not loadup.

After boot up when I try capiinfo I get the following error message,

capi not installed - No such file or directory (2)

Once re-installed I get the following,

[root at abe ~]# capiinfo
Number of Controllers : 1
Controller 1:
Manufacturer: AVM GmbH
CAPI Version: 2.0
Manufacturer Version: 3.11-02  (49.18)
Serial Number: 1000001
BChannels: 2

Furhter details follow:
Problem: capi4k-utils (capilib_new_ncci) does not load automatically after
boot up
AVM FRTIZ card latest driver (BRI)
capi module: chan_capi-cm-0.6.5
capi4k-utils
Linux Distro: Fedora core 3
Kernel: 2.6.12-2.3.legacy_FC3 (capi supported by kernel)

Has any one experienced this before? Can anyone please provide with some
ideas to overcome this issue?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Advertisement: Meet Sexy Singles Today @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D23769&_t=754951090&_r=endtext_lavalife_dec_meet&_m=EXT