[asterisk-users] direct IP calling with extension

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Fri Dec 1 11:44:32 MST 2006

All,

If I have video phones behind an asterisk server (with 2 network cards)
and all the phones have extensions. Internally everything works great.

Now for people that want to call my video phones external to my office
is there a way to do that? On the extenal persons phone enter an IP/EXTEN
where IP is my server and not the phone? Can that work?

Would I have to have PUBLIC IP address for every phone NAT'ed through my
server to make the call?

Thanks,

Jerry