[Asterisk-Users] Extension Ring on Multiple Phones

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 30 23:41:07 MST 2006

William, thanks for the info on macros.  I'll try to implement some
macros using several different callgroups.  I have in mind:  ALL, all
upstairs, all downstairs, her normal domain and my normal domain.
Normal domain for me is my upstairs office, ham radio 'shack' and lab
and for her is her downstairs office, kitchen and family room.  If wife
and I are both on the same floor (rare), we can just shout <g>

I looked up call queues at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+call+queues
and it seems pretty complex for the simple job I want to do.

What I want to do is have all the phones ring some callgroup.
Intercom and paging in selected callgroups and incoming calls probably
in ALL.
Normally, the only people who would answer would be either wife or me.

In the case of intercom calls, it's me calling her or vice versa.
In case of incoming calls, again either me or her would pick up.

Does that sound like a situation that would be helped by call queues?

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux