[asterisk-users] HP ProLiant and Digium 24xxp

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Aug 30 19:37:41 MST 2006

Robert Roach wrote:
> I have a customer request to deploy an HP rack server (ProLiant DL
> series) as the base system for an Asterisk install.  They also want to
> use the Digium 24xxp card.  I have heard that the Digium card is
> oversized and does not fit in a normal size chassis.  Does anyone know
> if it will fit in the ProLiant chassis, or have a recommendation on
> another HP box to use?

This is incorrect. Nobody (including Digium) makes 'oversized' PCI
cards, because there are no chassis in the world they would ever fit in.

However, it is true that the TDM2400P is the maximum possible size of a
PCI card, both full-length and full-height. In addition, it requires a
standard hard-drive power connector (Molex) to supply 12V power if any
FXS modules are used, which are often hard (or impossible) to find in a
1U or 2U rack-mount server. There are some available, though, and
shortly Digium will have an external power solution available for the
TDM400P and TDM2400P cards.