[asterisk-users] Asterisk with PABX

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 30 10:20:57 MST 2006

How about creating some documentation?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ira [mailto:ira at extrasensory.com]
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 12:09 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: RE: [asterisk-users] Asterisk with PABX

At 11:16 AM 8/28/2006, you wrote:
>Actually Eric I disagree with you.
>
>Through the use of config edit it allows you to look into each of the
>conf folders to understand the layout of a multi channel in/out
>asterisk server.

IMHO: I started with AAH pre TrixBox and soon thereafter moved to a clean *
install and learned to create my own dial plans.  Not to say that AAH is
bad, it's just so "advanced" that I personally don't think I learned much if
anything from using it.  If you intend to use and stay with that solution
then by all means use it, but in the end for me it didn't do anything other
than prove * would work for me and teach me that it was more trouble to
learn AAH than it was going to
be to just start using *.   And again, I'm not trying to knock
TrixBox, but it's a box and if you fit in it, it's probably the best thing
there is. Personally, when I started, it seemed too small and limiting so I
learned to program my own dial plans.  It's not trivial as the language
we've been given is not really well thought out and poorly documented at
best, but in the end it's done everything I've asked of it.

Ira