[asterisk-users] Asterisk with PABX

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Mon Aug 28 12:09:11 MST 2006

At 11:16 AM 8/28/2006, you wrote:
>Actually Eric I disagree with you.
>
>Through the use of config edit it allows you to look into each of the
>conf folders to understand the layout of a multi channel in/out asterisk
>server.

IMHO: I started with AAH pre TrixBox and soon thereafter moved to a
clean * install and learned to create my own dial plans.  Not to say
that AAH is bad, it's just so "advanced" that I personally don't
think I learned much if anything from using it.  If you intend to use
and stay with that solution then by all means use it, but in the end
for me it didn't do anything other than prove * would work for me and
teach me that it was more trouble to learn AAH than it was going to
be to just start using *.   And again, I'm not trying to knock
TrixBox, but it's a box and if you fit in it, it's probably the best
thing there is. Personally, when I started, it seemed too small and
limiting so I learned to program my own dial plans.  It's not trivial
as the language we've been given is not really well thought out and
poorly documented at best, but in the end it's done everything I've
asked of it.

Ira