[Asterisk-Users] Extension Ring on Multiple Phones

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 30 09:51:37 MST 2006

William I found and fixed the problem.  Your comment gave me the kick to
persevere.  Thank you very much.

My exten line had a comment at the end that contained a close paren.
That apparently screwed up the context line - although it shouldn't
have.  Now all three extensions ring.

Note my mail program wrapped the line but it's not wrapped in the file:

[telasip-in]
;===========
exten =>    _879677[67],1,Dial(SIP/120&SIP/122&SIP/124)  ; to be all
extensions)
exten =>    _512879677[67],1,Dial(SIP/120&SIP/122&SIP/124)

This leads to another problem.  I have 13 sip phones for [telasip-in]
and other contexts to call ring groups for extension intercomming.

Is there some kind of macro I could have to replace the instances of:
(SIP/120&SIP/122&SIP/124)

I have not yet written or read up on macros.

Larry

William Piper wrote:
> I don't know then, I do the same exact thing:
> exten => _352688XXXX,3,Dial,SIP/202&SIP/214|20
>
> Perhaps try sending everything in that context exactly as it is typed & let
> us look at it.
> I'm pretty sure you have something configured incorrectly.
>
> Thanks,
>
> bp
>

> On 8/30/06, Larry Alkoff <labradley at mindspring.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry I was not clear Rushowr.
>>
>> In the actual extensions.conf as used, the 'old' line is commented out
>> so only 'new' is active.  Then I reload.  However, only the single 120
>> line rings instead of all.
>>
>> Larry
>>
>> Rushowr wrote:
>> > Then entire OLD extension must be removed so the new one will match

Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux