[asterisk-users] SER Dispatcher Load Balance How-To?

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Wed Aug 30 00:31:00 MST 2006

Andy Chung (Power-All) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have three Asterisk servers behind a SER. I want to know how to
> configure the Dispatcher module of SER to achieve load balance for the
> Asterisk servers. I have visited
> http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.1.x/dispatcher.html, is there any
> web sites have more detail information on that?

Why not just use DNS round robin in various route[x] blocks in SER?
This way you can load balance anything based on the URI that was requested.

We use this approach and it works very very nicely - In fact I haven't
even so much as thought about SER in a very long time, it just works.

I prefer SER over OpenSER, but that's me.

Jeremy McNamara