[asterisk-users] Copying a recording to a voice mail box

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Tue Aug 29 15:14:34 MST 2006

There are flags to the VoiceMail application that instruct it to behave
differently than normal. It probably won't let you append the messages
into one message, however.  That seems like it would be a problem in
this project, but if it's not, you might try:

VoiceMail(s100 at context)

Substitute the correct mailbox number for the 100.  The s means don't
play unavailable or busy messages, and don't read instructions.  It just
beeps and starts recording, and a # will terminate it (as will a timeout
configured in voicemail.conf).

As discussed recently on the list, asterisk does its own mailbox
locking, so concurrent callers wouldn't be a problem.  But in this
design, if two callers WERE to use the system concurrently, you might
end up with messages in the following order:

name1
name2
zip1
zip2
phone1
phone2

They would be even further mixed up if the two callers took different
lengths of time to answer the questions.

I might mitigate that confusion by determining the maximum number of
concurrent callers and each one would use a different voicemailbox.... ?

I don't think this will help you achieve your goal but it should give
you some more building blocks to play with :)

Moj

--
Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>
Office Manager, Horan & Company, LLC