[asterisk-users] Copying a recording to a voice mail box

Nate Criss ncriss at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 10:30:55 MST 2006

Hello,

I am new to asterisk and have a very newbie question. I am try to implement
a simple IVR solution that prompts users to say an item, record that then
prompt for another item record that.. etc...  Here is what I have so far.

[custom-lbp]
exten => s,1,Playback(LBPsayname)
exten => s,2,Record(mymessage:gsm)
exten => s,3,Playback(LBPcityzip)
exten => s,4,Record(mymessage:gsm,a)
exten => s,5,Playback(LBPsayphone)
exten => s,6,Record(mymessage:gsm,a)
exten => s,7,Playback(LBPgoodbye)
exten => s,8,Hangup

Which seems to work well except for two problems:

1) How do I move mymessage.gsm to a users voice mailbox so if a message is
recorded by this IVR users can dial-in or use ARI to retrieve the messages.

2) How do I handle concurrent callers so if two or more people are calling
the IVR at once the mymessage doesn't get overwritten or incorrect
information appended to it.

Thanks for any help

-Nate