[asterisk-users] Will Asterisk work with Exchange 2007 UM?

Jon Radon jonr800 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 09:00:11 MST 2006

On 8/25/06, Colin Anderson <ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com> wrote:

>  I don't see anything in there that I'm not doing already (and have been
> for over a year, with 200 users) with Asterisk 1.0.9, HylaFAX, and
> Exchange 5.5, with the exception of the text-to-speech stuff which is
> do-able with Cepstral / Festival and some scripts that hook MAPI on the
> Exchange server. But who would want your email read back to you over the
> phone except as an absolute last resort? Dumb. And, I am a *big* Exchange
> fan.
>
> Something tells me you haven't watched any of the Exchange 2007 demos.
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/preview/evaluation/demos.mspx.  Watch
"Phone-Based User Experience With Outlook Voice Access".  There is a lot
more to it then you think.  While it may be possible to do with Cepstral /
Festival and some speech recognition.. it wouldn't be an easy task.

--
Is it something someone said, was it something someone said?