[asterisk-users] Remote CAPI - ISDN over TCP/IP

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Mon Aug 28 03:30:10 MST 2006

Hi,

remote CAPI already exists for a specific protocol (Bintec). This protocol
is used by rcapidas well , a daemon which exports local CAPI ISDN hardware
via TCP using the bintec protocol. Using rcapid you can use the ISDN hardware
remotely within windows with the 'brickware' or from another linux host with
the melware modified libcapi20 (ftp://ftp.melware.de).

So you do can have an Asterisk server with chan-capi and the modified
libcapi20 connected via TCP to the CAPI server running rcapid.

If you want to use that Cisco router as CAPI server instead, then you just
might need to extend the libcapi20 to support that protocol as well.

Armin