[asterisk-users] Tracing audio problems

Erik erik at infopact.nl
Mon Aug 28 00:17:40 MST 2006

Avi,

We need more info,
Through what means are both sides connected, 1:1 xDSL?
What bandwidth, are you using tunnels (pptp/gre/ipsec), how many concurrent calls etc.
You could try analysing network delay/jitter/packetloss using Smokeping.
Note that on DSL 1 g729 calls uses about 45 kbit/s, alaw uses about 108 kbit on DSL

Erik