[asterisk-users] Re: SV: E61

Dovid Bender asteriskusers at dovid.net
Sat Aug 26 19:03:23 MST 2006

On 2006-08-24 06:32:27 -0700, Jon Schøpzinsky <jos at detele.dk> said:

> I also have this phone, and have stumbled in to the same problem.
> I just think that it isn't in nokia's interest to change this, as it
> forces consumers to have some sort of local hardware, that (possibly)
> only the telecom provider can give them. This forces the users away from
> using cheaper services.
> Nokia makes a load from the telecom operators around the world, and are
> not interested in pissing them off, by letting their users bypass their
> price structure.
>
> Just my 5 cents.

This is a bogus non-issue.  Your system isn't configured right or the
phone is set wrong.  I have used my E60 from many locations on NATS
outside the local LAN (which is also a NATTED config).

I think the "it's a conspiracy" thing is a red herring.

Now, the fact you can't easily get these phone in the US, that's a
conspiracy ;~)

Marty

Marty,
I was not going to get it based on what people said about the E61 and the
NAT issues. Is this false ? I was thinking of getting it for when I travel
to Israel. There seems to be a lot of open wifi connections all over the
country there. Also how is the radio for the wifi on it ?