[asterisk-users] Modems dialing over sangoma a104d

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Aug 24 11:48:11 MST 2006

Sean Cook wrote:
> I have a sangoma 104d that is our main pbx now( legacy system died ).  I
> have replaced every phone in the building and things are going very well.
> We have fax working well and calls are routing properly...  All is well...
>
> Except for our support modems... we have support people that dial out with
> modems across our PRI's.  These modems are attached to an Adtran 750 with 24
> FXS's.  I have disabled echo cancelation on the T1 that is connected to the
> Adtran but negotiation is still really rough.  I am bridging across the same
> card and it isn't doing very well... has anyone done this with reasonably
> successful results?  I am not looking for 56K I am looking for around 9600
> to 14.4..

Can we assume that you've got the correct timing parameters set on the
104d?  (eg, are you sync'ing your 104d from the telco?)

If not, get that corrected first as it makes a major difference with
modem calls.

The echo cancellation disabling should be automatic I believe, so would
not expect turning it on/off to have much of an impact.

I've done this with the sangoma's analog card (a200d) and modem calls
work very well. I didn't actually check the speed, but felt like 14.4 or
better.

One of the stated test suites (by sangoma employees) is to validate all
hardware and driver designs by testing with modems since that really is
one of the most critical non-test-equipment tests that can be done. So,
I've got to believe it works; just need to identify the missing link.