[asterisk-users] SendText Queue Notification

John D. Coleman jcoleman at swecu.com
Thu Aug 24 08:33:13 MST 2006

I was wondering if anyone was able to execute custom commands on a
channel once a caller connects to an agent after being in a queue.  The
reason I ask, is because I would like to use SendText to send a message
to the agent receiving the call to let the agent know how many calls are
waiting in the queue.  I tried using ChanSpy, but then SendText will
send messages only to and from the caller who initiated the ChanSpy.

One way I could get around this is if I found out how to use SendText
from the commandline, like smsq. I'm pretty sure that's not possible
because of the nature of SIP MESSAGE but I figured I'd ask.

Thanks,

John Coleman