[asterisk-users] Re: Zaptel install - Fedora Core 5

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Aug 22 09:16:38 MST 2006

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 08:42:36AM -0500, Rich Adamson wrote:
>> Tomislav Parčina wrote:
>>> In article <007a01c6c55f$ee353ff0$0e66970a at ds.mot.com>, aryanto at chello.at
>>> says...

>>> Hi Anto!
>>>
>>> The thing is that I can't rely on yum update for asterisk installation. I
>>> would like something that will work like this: I install FC5 from CD/DVD,
>>> install RPM's that I need from my ftp server or from CD, install zaptel,
>>> libpri, asterisk...
>>>
>>> So, I need to download rpm's that will allow me to install
>>> zaptel/libpri/asterisk without using yum update (I need to make all
>>> installations the same).
>> Why bother with the rpm's?
>
> Because you have some other programs on your system other than Asterisk.
>
> And because you want a reproducable build.

Guess that depends a lot on personal objectives, styles, and whether
asterisk code has been modified locally. Once the reproducable build is
operational and one has to maintain the code, reproducable builds sort
of go out the window (eg, customer/system A has a problem, but not
customer B through Z).

Using the Branch SVN checkout approach always provides the most up to
date code as opposed to replicating buggy stuff via rpms.