[asterisk-users] Re: Manager API: matching an Originate to the Newchannel event

Stefan Reuter srt at reucon.net
Tue Aug 22 06:59:46 MST 2006

Matt Florell wrote:
> If you are originating a call with a Local/ channel you cannot use the
> uniqueID alone to track it. The only field that will follow all legs
> of a Local/ channel originated call is the CallerID, and that is only
> if you add the "o" flag to your Dial string.

As I pointed out earlier you can also use any other channel variable for
this. The callerId (if you dont need for other things) has the advantage
though that you dont have to send another action to query for it as its
available in most events anyway.

> It's a very messy prospect to track calls through the Manager API. In
> fact two years ago I drafted this Whitepaper that would help
> tremendously, nothing ever came of it:
> http://www.freedomphones.net/Manager_API_modification_whitepaper.txt

The Manager API could be enhanced, sure. But until now everybody works
around it happily and fears the things that will break once there are
real changes applied :)

=Stefan

--
reuter network consulting