[asterisk-users] Re: Manager API: matching an Originate to the Newchannel event

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 15:56:22 MST 2006

If you are originating a call with a Local/ channel you cannot use the
uniqueID alone to track it. The only field that will follow all legs
of a Local/ channel originated call is the CallerID, and that is only
if you add the "o" flag to your Dial string.

It's a very messy prospect to track calls through the Manager API. In
fact two years ago I drafted this Whitepaper that would help
tremendously, nothing ever came of it:
http://www.freedomphones.net/Manager_API_modification_whitepaper.txt

MATT---