[asterisk-users] Ignoring PRI call?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Sun Aug 20 07:55:04 MST 2006

hi all

I have a few boxes in my setup, most connected to one or more PRIs.
Today, we're making the telco do the number filtering in the switch,
this number range to this PRI etc. This is all fine, but not too
flexible, as we're depended upon some switch monkey being available
to do the job, and sometimes the may mess up.

So, is it possible to do this in asterisk? For testing purposes, we
may say two asterisk boxes with one PRI each.

So, a few questions:

  - If the call received by asterisk from the PRI is sent to a number
not in the dialplan, what will asterisk do? Will the call be
cancelled, or will asterisk signal something back to the switch to
indicate "dunno about this, try another"?

  - If the call is received by Asterisk from a wildchar extensions
like exten => _X.,1,......., will it be possible to signal the switch
"dunno about this, try another" later in the chain? Since Asterisk's
current dialplan implementation does not scale wery well, we're doing
sip user/callerid lookups in mysql from an AGI script and the MYSQL
app from -addons. Anyway, this means we'll accept all incoming calls
before handling them (not answering, though, just accepting them to
the dialplan).

Thanks you

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
roy at karlsbakk.net
(+47) 98013356
---
In space, loud sounds, like explosions, are even louder because there
is no air to get in the way.