[asterisk-users] How to find which queue member answered a call?

Mario mgnospam at fgasoftware.com
Sun Aug 20 05:01:44 MST 2006

BJ Weschke wrote:
> On 8/20/06, Mario <mgnospam at fgasoftware.com> wrote:
>> How can I find out, which queue member did answer a given call?
>>
>> I wish, from within my dialplan (extensions.conf) to write a record
>> tying a given incoming call to the (possible) answering queue member.
>> However, I can't find any easy way to get that info, if not
>> using/intercepting AMI (not that easy through extensions.conf) or
>> perhaps extending the Queue app.
>>
>> Am I missing some important point about the Queue app? I'm really
>> surprised that there isn't a "more natural" way of such a (apparently)
>> simple task as retrieving the answering member of a Queue.
>>
>> Thanks to anyone who might help.
>

> This information is already available via the queue_log

Thanks, that might help but it is not what I'm looking for. It won't
solve my problem.

What I want, from withing my AGI, is to take a specific action depending
on who did answer the call. It wouldn't be much feasible to backward
read the queue_log file to discover who answered the call, right? It
probably would be a quite CPU intensive task.

Any other idea on how to better solve my problem? Any undocumented
Asterisk Variable for that?