[asterisk-users] Linksys SPA-3102

Barry D. Hassler Barry.Hassler at hcst.com
Fri Aug 18 22:43:43 MST 2006

On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 00:12 -0500, Rich Adamson wrote:

> Barry D. Hassler wrote:
> > Any further experience with the 3102? I'm looking for a solution to
> > connect 2 CO lines and a set of 2-line phones to my asterisk server
> > (along with a bunch of SIP phones). Would 2 of these work well for that?
> >
> > Hopefully no echo problems! That would kill this project? I'm still
> > searching for one peice of hardware that would have 2 FXO and 2 FXO
> > ports on it, but haven't stumbled on it yet....
>
> The only way to know for sure whether the spa will provide reasonable
> service is to try it on the actual pstn line to be used. There is no
> other way for anyone to tell you anything different. The quality of the
> audio & echo is 100% dependent on the exact pstn line characteristics, etc.
>
> Two other reasonable alternatives are:
> Digium TDM card with two fxo and two fxs modules.
> Sangoma A200d card with one fxo module (has two lines on it) and one fxs
> module (has two lines on it).

Yes, this would definitely work. J'm trying to avoid running phone lines
the distance between the existing demarc and the asterisk server :-)
But, it would probably be the best solution.

Actually, as I look further, I don't think the 3102 will work in this
environment at all for what I want. (incoming FXO calls go to Asterisk
server, and through its dial plan, which might include ringing the
analog phones on the FXS ports).

I did find AudioCodes MediaPack MP-114, which has exactly the
configuration I want (2 FXO, 2 FXS), but have to be registered to get
any documentation on the units.

2 Grandstream HT-488's looks like a possibility too....

I think I'll just run the phone lines into the server, and add more
cards there.... :-)