[asterisk-users] Polycom 601 Issues

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 07:43:30 MST 2006

Hi Nathan -

> The problem occurs during transfer and hold retrieval, answering the
> call is fine, the call is put on hold then either a transfer is
> attempted or the call is retrieved from hold. When this is attempted
> the remote party (i.e. the caller in the case of a hold retrieval)
> cannot hear the receptionist at all for the first few seconds, then
> slowly they are able to hear fragments of the voice which is
> basically stuttered and robotic.
>
> Unfortunately I cannot replicate this in my office, the only
> difference between the two configurations is the model of Cisco
> switch but I really don't think this should be making any difference.

Do you get any CLI errors or log messages that might tell us anything
more?  I too have Cisco switches and Polycom 601's at one location and
I don't have these problems (I'm using 1.2.10).  What codec are they
using?

You can do a LOT to a Cisco switch to make it handle traffic in
different ways.  Do you have access to their switch to see if they've
done any prioritization of traffic or have any other "unusual"
settings?

- Noah