[asterisk-users] Polycom 601 Issues

Nathan Alberti asterisk at iipc.com.au
Thu Aug 17 22:13:12 MST 2006

Hi all,

I am currently having issues with a Polycom 601 on a customers site
with Asterisk 1.2.6 and sip firmware 1.6.7 (upgraded from 1.6.6).

The customer has a number of Cisco phone all of which have no issues
at all.

The problem occurs during transfer and hold retrieval, answering the
call is fine, the call is put on hold then either a transfer is
attempted or the call is retrieved from hold. When this is attempted
the remote party (i.e. the caller in the case of a hold retrieval)
cannot hear the receptionist at all for the first few seconds, then
slowly they are able to hear fragments of the voice which is
basically stuttered and robotic.

Unfortunately I cannot replicate this in my office, the only
difference between the two configurations is the model of Cisco
switch but I really don't think this should be making any difference.

Any Ideas ?

Regards,

Nathan.