[asterisk-users] Maximum length of CID using SET CALLERID in AGI?

sip sip at arcdiv.com
Fri Aug 18 04:35:58 MST 2006

Is there a maximum length of allowable CID information when using the AGI
command SET CALLERID ?

We're having some issues with our outbound minutes provider, and I want to
make sure it's not just a limitation on our side that's causing the problem.
We set caller ID info based on the user's purchased (from us) DID, but for
some reason, when it gets to the other end, it ends up being stripped of its
first digit and dropped to only the next 10 digits.

This is fine and dandy for domestic numbers like 1-212-555-1212... not so cool
for International numbers like  81-393-555-666.  The first gets truncated to
212-555-1212 which is READABLE to most (at least domestically). The second
gets truncated to 139-355-5666 which is utterly unusable.

These CIDs show up on the out going minutes provider's logging system as well,
so it's either a problem when it leaves our system, or a problem when it
arrives at theirs. We're not intentionally truncating anything, so I was
wondering if this were a limitation of the AGI stuff, or if I should be
pestering our provider to update their equipment to, at the VERY least, handle
a standard E164 number from the US domestic area.

N.