[asterisk-users] Challenging problem regarding CallerID in TDM 04B (Trying to solve since 8 days)

Crazy Boy crazymoonboy at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 22:13:17 MST 2006

Hi Leo,

Thank you for your response. I am answering for your questions.

Q) As El mentioned - did you actually subscribe for callerid? Most telcos will charge it as a VAS(Value Added Service).
Ans) Yes. You are right. I have already subscribed for callerid and tested with an analog phone with callerid instrument.

Q) Check the format of the Caller ID provided by your telco - bell,v23 or dtmf?
Ans) I dont know how to check my caller id format provided by our provider. Can you please explain how to check my caller id format?

Q) Check when is Caller ID sent, in some places it's between 1st and
2nd. Other between 2nd and 3rd. You need to Wait(?) as El suggested to
wait for it to be sent.
Ans) As you said, I put the Wait(4) statement in extensions.conf file in [incoming] context. But, callerid is not displaying.

Q) Is there any reason you're using US tones instead of India?
Ans) No reason. Is there any effect  on getting callerid, if i use like this.

Q) Is your line really a kewlstart line? I think it should more likely be loopstart.
Ans) Frankly, I dont know what is kewlstart? Can you please tell me.

Here I am giving my config files and error message. Please see it.

zaptel.conf contents:
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us
fxsks=1-4

zapata.conf contents:
[channels]
context=incoming
signalling=fxs_ks
busydetect=1
busycount=7
relaxdtmf=yes
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
cancallforward=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
callerid=asreceived
language=en
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
echocancel=yes
transfer=yes
immediate=no
musiconhold=default
ringtimeout=8000
cidsignalling=dtmf
cidstart=ring
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
channel => 1

sip.conf  contents:
[105]
type=friend
username=105
secret=ravi
callerid="RaviKanth"
host=dynamic
context=leader
canreinvite=no
nat=yes
dtmfmode=rfc2833
allow=all

extensions.conf contents:
[incoming]
exten => s,1,Wait(4)
exten => s,n,Answer
exten =>  s,n,SetMusicOnHold(default)
exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=5)
exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=10)
exten => s,n,Background(/tmp/virg2)
exten => s,n,Goto(s,1)
exten => s,n,Hangup()
include => leader

[leader]
exten => 105,1,Dial(SIP/105,15)
exten => 105,2,Voicemail(u105)
exten => 105,3,Voicemail(b105)
exten => 105,4,Hangup
exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN:1})   ; Mobile phone
exten => _5XXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN:1})       ; Local Landline
include => internal

[internal]
exten => 105, 1,  Dial(SIP/105,15)

When somebody calls from outside (Eg: mobile), I am getting this below error message on Asterisk console:

Error Message:
Aug  17 19:45:41 ERROR[10449]: callerid.c:276  callerid_feed: fsk_serie made mylen < 0 (-8)
Aug  17 19:45:41 WARNING[10449]:  chan_zap.c:6087  ss_thread: CallerID feed failed: Success
Aug  17 19:45:41 WARNING[10449]: chan_zap.c:6131  ss_thread: CallerID returned with error on channel  'Zap/1-1'

Please tell me the solution. Looking forward to your kind response.

Thank you.

Regards,
Chandra.

Leo Ann Boon <leo at datvoiz.com> wrote: Crazy Boy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here I am posting my problem. I am getting this problem since 8 days.
> I have studied documentation and looked previous posts in forums. But,
> I am unable to solve this problem. Please show me a solution. I am
> from India.
>
> We have installed Asterisk with Digium 04B card (4 FXO ports). Now, I
> have connected my PSTN line directly to first port. I am making
> outgoing  calls and receiving incoming calls successfully through my
> Asterisk. The  problem is: When I am receiving a call from outside
> (PSTN-Eg. Mobile), I am not  getting the callerid number of the caller
> and getting callerid as "Asterisk" in my  softphones (XLite).

A few things:
a. As El mentioned - did you actually subscribe for callerid? Most
telcos will charge it as a VAS(Value Added Service).
b. Check the format of the Caller ID provided by your telco - bell,v23
or dtmf?
c. Check when is Caller ID sent, in some places it's between 1st and
2nd. Other between 2nd and 3rd. You need to Wait(?) as El suggested to
wait for it to be sent.

Other things I see in your config:
a. Is there any reason you're using US tones instead of India?
b. Is your line really a kewlstart line? I think it should more likely
be loopstart.

Leo.