[asterisk-users] Asterisk 'Hosting'

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Thu Aug 17 12:44:20 MST 2006

Douglas Garstang wrote:
> What's not specific about this...?
> "handle internal cid, external cid, cid override, pic codes, rate centers, incoming and outgoing black lists and white lists, findme/follow me with caller id based routing, transferring and forwarding between multiple hosts in a cluster....

Again, it tells me you have not fully thought out exactly how each of
those functions fit within the realm of Asterisk.

Before you even bothered to learn basic asterisk fundamentals, you have
went and reinvented the wheel for absolutely no reason.

> and so on while ALSO letting customers maintain all this via a web interface?"

And the problem is?  Our current members portal already does 90% of
everything you listed. When the new version comes out we will pick up
the remaining points and perhaps more.

Yet once again you have proven beyond any shadow of a doubt, you didn't
bother to comprehend the power of Asterisk before bastardizing it with
your ungodly huge python script.

Jeremy McNamara