[asterisk-users] CDR inaccuracies

Dumpolid Exeplish dumpexec at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 02:21:28 MST 2006

Hi list,
i am currently having problems with CDR accuracy on my asterisk PBX

MY SETUP
=========
I have two Asterisk systems, the first one (tagged primary pbx) has E1 lines
connected to it and this processes calls on behalf of the secondary pbx. Now
the CDR on the primary PBX are very accurate but i cannot use this since it
collects calls for IAX trunks and there is no way of identifying who made
what calls. The primary PBX only provides E1 connectivity to the secondary
PBX. Users do not connect to it.
The secondary pbx connects all the usersand it handls outbount call
authentications. it also saves a separate cdr for all calls and flags each
call with the call code of the caller. This data is however inaccurate
because when a call is trunked through the promary pbx, it is always
awnsered by the promary, thus the duration and billsec are always the same.
the dispositon colums cannot be relied upon also because the right reasons
are not always sent back. For instance, if i decided to drop a ringing call,
the primary will record 'no awnser' in my disposition but the secondary will
record 'awnsered'

can anyone help me out? i know that it has to do with call presentations,
etc. but it seems that SIP does not handle 'call in progress' signals
correctly