[asterisk-users] Force immediate re-registration on sip reload

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Aug 17 00:41:48 MST 2006

16 aug 2006 kl. 22.02 skrev kjcsb:

> Is there any way to force Asterisk to re-register after a sip
> reload is
> issued? At the moment, after a sip reload is issued, sip show registry
> reports all sip UA entries as "Unregistered". How can I get
> Asterisk to
> immediately send out a registration request to the proxy?
After a reload, my Asterisk re-registers to everything in the registry.
Check what's going on by starting SIP debug and see if there's any
REGISTER messages going out.

> Similarly all SIP peers lose their registration status with
> Asterisk. So
> when the device is used to make a call immediately after the SIP
> reload the
> call is not processed by Asterisk. It takes about 2 minutes 20 seconds
> before Asterisk starts processing SIP register requests from UAs
> and before
> it sends out the registration request to the proxy. How can I
> reduce this
> time?
Asterisk saves SIP peer registrations in the AST db (run "database
show")
so that we can restore the status after a reload. This does not apply
to subscriptions.

If it takes 2 minutes and 20 seconds to reload fully - do you have a
very large installation?

Check before reload if there's anything in the AST db. Also, please
always indicate
your version of Asterisk when you ask questions.

/Olle

---
* Olle E. Johansson - oej at edvina.net
* Asterisk Training http://edvina.net/training/
* Asterisk Bootcamp Boston next week - open seats available!