[asterisk-users] Force immediate re-registration on sip reload

kjcsb kjcsb at orcon.net.nz
Wed Aug 16 13:02:35 MST 2006

Is there any way to force Asterisk to re-register after a sip reload is
issued? At the moment, after a sip reload is issued, sip show registry
reports all sip UA entries as "Unregistered". How can I get Asterisk to
immediately send out a registration request to the proxy?

Similarly all SIP peers lose their registration status with Asterisk. So
when the device is used to make a call immediately after the SIP reload the
call is not processed by Asterisk. It takes about 2 minutes 20 seconds
before Asterisk starts processing SIP register requests from UAs and before
it sends out the registration request to the proxy. How can I reduce this
time?

Any suggestions greatfully received.

Regards

Cameron