[asterisk-users] Set DID

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 21:14:18 MST 2006

Did you read Lacy's entire post?

Now, looking at what you posted, instead of messing with the caller id, I
would instead use:

exten => s,1,Set(FROM_DID=2125316214)

Did you actually try this? From my recollection, FROM_DID _is_ the variable
that FreePBX uses, so setting it would probably achieve what you're trying
to do.

And why would you dismiss ideas simply because they don't do exactly what
you asked for? If a solution accomplishes the same goal using a different
method than one you had thought of, you might want to give it a try instead
of just shooting it down.

Alex

On 8/16/06, Dean Collins <Dean at collins.net.pr> wrote:

>  Hi Lacy and CF,
>
> As I indicated, this wont be suitable because I I do this I lose all of
> the time/day routing functionality.
>

> Look I seriously appreciate all of your help but if you don't know how to
> Set the DID then lets leave it for someone who can answer, thanks.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Dean
> *Subject:* Re: [asterisk-users] Set DID
>

> [from-iax-provider]
>
> exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/2100)
>

> if you are dialing a sip device with an extension of 2100.

Alex Robar
alex.robar at gmail.com