[asterisk-users] Asterisk 'Hosting'

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Wed Aug 16 20:58:03 MST 2006

You think 3 contexts, serving hundreds of companies is going to handle internal cid, external cid, cid override, pic codes, rate centers, incoming and outgoing black lists and white lists, findme/follow me with caller id based routing, transferring and forwarding between multiple hosts in a cluster.... and so on while ALSO letting customers maintain all this via a web interface?

Even the MySQL dial plan command couldn't handle the findme/followme because it couldn't save the state of the query used to retrieve the next number from the findme/followme list and then perform further nested queries to do blacklist/white list, pic code lookups, rate center lookups on each number.

We have several layers of organisationl units, and when person A calls person B, and both are in the same company, we use an internal cid. If person A and person B are in different companies, we use an external cid, and if the caller uses a star code, we use an external cid. We had to get the only Gold Rated MySQL consultants to help us design this damn thing. That's just a taste of the complexity.

Now, let the customer manage all this via a web interface and THREE contexts in a flat file isn't quite going to handle it. I also find your assumption that I'm an idiot pretty offensive.

Doug.