[asterisk-users] Re: DMTF issues on voicemail on Zap

Miguel Ruiz Velasco miguelrvs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 20:54:07 MST 2006

Helo,
Yesterday peeking above the pbx-man shoulder, got the password and
played for a long time with both asterisk and the pbx.
It seems asterisk doesn't likes the way the pbx (pana D500) sends the
"special" DTMF codes [*] and [#]. Changing the string the pbx sends to
9<ext>, to exclude the "special" digits. Curiously if I dial those
same strings using any telephone in the pbx (analog or digital),
things work flawlessly.
I read that voicemail() jumps to the "a" extension if [*] is dialed,
but that doesn't matter in this config:

exten=> _#6XXX,1,voicemail(${EXTEN:2})           ;(send)
exten=> _#6*XXX,1,voicemailmain(${EXTEN:3})  ;(retrieve)

The problem is solved now, but the question persists,
Why asterisk hangs up (having an i and a t extension in de context) if
it didn't recognize the DMTF being sent?

Thanks for your help