[asterisk-users] Manager Interface API's

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 18:49:51 MST 2006

I wrote a set of applications that use the manager interface over
three years ago and it was a lot of trial and error. I did add to the
documentation on the wiki of what I was able to understand, but for
the Asterisk Manager API the actual C code is still the best place for
answers on how the functions within it work.

The manager API has gotten better in consistency over the last three
years, although it doesn't help that the Asterisk core developers seem
to think that it's a good idea to add more and more output to a group
of events every 6 months or so when it suits them, but there are still
inconsistencies and sometimes completely inaccurate information coming
back from some API actions, but all of this can be worked around and
now I have a very reliable set of applications that run on multiple
Asterisk servers and can handle over 80,000 calls, over 400,000 API
Actions and millions of API Events per day per server with very good
accuracy.

MATT---