[asterisk-users] Digium TDM400P Vs Sangoma A200

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Wed Aug 16 13:03:24 MST 2006

Rich Adamson wrote:
> Correction... it only plugs into "one" pci slot, but anything beyond
> four ports covers up additional pci slots (even though it doesn't plug
> into the pci connector). So, a 24 port a200 card would essentially
> render "all" pci slots unusable due to size.
Depends on where the MB lives in the case, to be sure. Some ( rack
mount, to be sure ) cases have many more openings for cards than modern MB's
And growing much beyond 8 ports would seem to dictate another solution,
perhaps a T1?  Not having a need I haven't looked closely at the
economics, but a Sangoma T1 card and a used Adtran would be in the
neighborhood.
Regardless the A200 works with a much larger selection of MB's and
Sangoma doesn't tell you to "try another motherboard"!

JN