[asterisk-users] Queue Management

Nicolás Gudiño asternic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 09:25:33 MST 2006

Hi Eric,

> I'm working in a small call center, but with special requirements. We
> currently have a couple of clients, all of them have
> specific phone numbers configured in our system, so when we get a call
> for a specific client we take down the information via a webpage
> then it sent via email to them.
>
> One of the major problem that I'm seeing is the queue management. Right
> now with our current system, the agents are able to see what call
> are coming in, which one haven't been answered, which one are on hold.
> (That part is not so bad with Asterisk since it's already taking care of
> this)
> But the part I'm worring about is that the agent can see the "Greeting
> message" for the customer line. So the agent knows what to say before
> answering the
> line then IE popups with the URL for that client.
>
> Not sure if that can be replicated with Asterisk. We could probably
> adapt our selfs by doing a query about the DNIS and then store the DNIS
> associated with his
> greeting. Almost like what we do now actually... The only thing is to
> put all that together... hehehe

There are serveral packages that can be used in your situation. You
can certainly use FOP ( http://www.asternic.org ) to handle popups and
displays status of your asterisk queues.  There are also soft phones
that can handle url passing, some feature complete callcenter packages
(astguiclient). You can also do it yourself using the manager API or
custom AGI scripts. Regards,

--
Nicolás Gudiño
Buenos Aires - Argentina