[asterisk-users] polycom config error 0x4020: possibly related to RE:Polycom upgrade issue?

Jim Rice jim at bydesignpublishing.com
Wed Aug 16 08:44:38 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 11:14 -0400, Curt Shaffer wrote:
> After loading the application successfully on other phones I get
> config error 0x4020 and it just keeps rebooting through this whole
> process.

Which version of the bootrom does the phone have?
I have been told that once you upgrade to version 3.x,
you cannot go back (to say, version 2.6.1).
Some of the newer phones are being shipped with 3.x.

If your bootrom.ld file on your ftp boot server is version 2.x,
and your phone already has a 3.x image, then you will see the 0x4020
error.  It cannot replace the image, and the only thing it can do is
reboot.