[asterisk-users] Sending SIP 183 Session Progressing

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Tue Aug 15 22:26:02 MST 2006

On 08/15/06 23:30 Michael J. Tubby B.Sc (Hons) G8TIC said the following:
> I suspect your problem is with the softphone implementation...

definitely, the SIP spec iianm says that UACs should play a ringing tone
when the 180 is received.

> Occasionally calls which go from 100 -> 180 without going via the 183
> result in the Cisco ringing and combined rining genrated by the
> telephone exchange which is weird but ok.

the supplementary question then is, since i can't change the softphone
would i break anything if i forced the sending of the 183 packet anyways
from within chan_sip ?

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/